Edited by DDR's Executive Director, Patricia Lemer, this book is the ONLY guide you need to autism, ADD and learning disabilities.
- Discover how load factors accumulate and trigger symptoms;
- Learn about the role of vision and visual issues in ASD;
- Find out why a diagnosis doesn’t determine treatment; and
- Regain hope and optimism for your children and students!
DDR has a new address and phone number
150 Maple Heights Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
DDR and Epidemic Answers Combine Forces
Watch your mailbox for details on our partnership
Maria Rickert Hong, counselor interviews Patty Lemer on Therapies That Work. Click here to LISTEN
5 Tips form DDR Exec. Director, Patricia S. Lemer, M. Ed.
- The Autism Thyroid Connection - Could the autism and thyroid disease “epidemics” be related? Absolutely! Many health care providers miss the diagnosis of hypothyroidism in children with autism because they rely on unreliable thyroid blood tests. Learn which test pinpoints what is wrong and what to do.
- Balanced Vision: Learn how the visual and vestibular systems interact.
- Vitamin D & Autism: Is there a Link?
- The Anti-Bully Law Oxymoron: Why it is impossible for anti-bully laws to eliminate bullying.
- Kelly Dorfman: "Nutrition Detective" Learn from DDR co-founder and nutritionist, Kelly Dorfman on a regular basis. Kelly has a new book: What's Eating Your Child. Watch the trailer and order it now. Go to her book's website and see if she is speaking anywhere near you on her book tour this summer. If not, you can listen to her on Federal News Radio on May 26th.
News and Comments
CDC Releases New Stats: Autism up 23% in 2 years!! Now 1/88 kids, 1/54 boys!
The numbers are in for 2008. Yes, that was 4 years ago, but that's the best the CDC can do. It's even worse in NJ and Utah, where the number of boys is almost 20%. Advocacy groups are holding press conferences, writing press releases, demanding resignations. Read the full report .
At a press conference held in NYC on April 2nd advocates demanded that:
Executive Director's Blog
Revisiting Kuwait: Offering Help to Those with Severe Disabilities
Right before Christmas, I returned from my second mission to Kuwait. Now that the holidays are over, I want to share my impressions.
My Kuwait Adventure Part 1: Birthing Center 21
It all started with an innocent email on April 12th. “Hi Patricia. We are Lamia and Nabil from Kuwait. We have an autistic son. We met you in 1996 in Wash, DC. We and a group of parents are working to establish a center for special needs kids age 21 and above. The center was approved by the government a week ago. We are requesting that you and other consultants whom you recommend, visit us by end of May to discuss the preliminary stages of development.
Total Load Theory: How Stressors Accumulate Resulting in Illness
Watch presentation for Hawthorn University
November 10, 2010
DDR Launches HAVING HEALTHY BABIES
OUTSMARTING Developmental Delays!
Cuttng edge workshops to learn the essentials about being healthy for pre-conception, pregnancy, and in the first year of life.
Would you like to sponsor this program in your area?
Let us know!