Edited by DDR's Executive Director, Patricia Lemer, this book is the ONLY guide you need to autism, ADD and learning disabilities.
- Discover how load factors accumulate and trigger symptoms;
- Learn about the role of vision and visual issues in ASD;
- Find out why a diagnosis doesn’t determine treatment; and
- Regain hope and optimism for your children and students!
Patty has a NEW BOOK!
Read the review from Thinking Moms' Revolution
Like it on Facebook.
Dr. Anju Usman says,
"Outsmarting Autism is a much needed practical and comprehensive guide that every parent and clinician who treats patients with Autism should read. Patty outlines extremely complicated issues into bite size explanations that can be easily understood. She provides an array of possible options that may not have been considered by mainstream approaches. This book is a must have in your tool box."
Read about it here!
DDR has a new address and phone number
150 Maple Heights Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
DDR and Epidemic Answers Combine Forces
Maria Rickert Hong, counselor interviews Patty Lemer on Therapies That Work. Click here to LISTEN
5 Tips form DDR Exec. Director, Patricia S. Lemer, M. Ed.
- The Autism Thyroid Connection - Could the autism and thyroid disease “epidemics” be related? Absolutely! Many health care providers miss the diagnosis of hypothyroidism in children with autism because they rely on unreliable thyroid blood tests. Learn which test pinpoints what is wrong and what to do.
- Balanced Vision: Learn how the visual and vestibular systems interact.
- Vitamin D & Autism: Is there a Link?
- The Anti-Bully Law Oxymoron: Why it is impossible for anti-bully laws to eliminate bullying.
- Kelly Dorfman: "Nutrition Detective" Learn from DDR co-founder and nutritionist, Kelly Dorfman on a regular basis. Kelly has a new book: What's Eating Your Child. Watch the trailer and order it now. Go to her book's website and see if she is speaking anywhere near you on her book tour this summer. If not, you can listen to her on Federal News Radio on May 26th.
News and Comments
CDC Releases New Stats: Autism up 23% in 2 years!! Now 1/88 kids, 1/54 boys!
The numbers are in for 2008. Yes, that was 4 years ago, but that's the best the CDC can do. It's even worse in NJ and Utah, where the number of boys is almost 20%. Advocacy groups are holding press conferences, writing press releases, demanding resignations. Read the full report .
At a press conference held in NYC on April 2nd advocates demanded that:
Executive Director's Blog
Outsmarting Autism released July 5th
With great excitement and pride I announce the release today of my second book, Outsmarting Autism: The Ultimate Guide to Management, Healing and Prevention. It is available on Amazon in both an e-book and a paperback, as well as from the publisher.
As I watched the magnificent spray of fireworks brighten the skies over the Allegheny River in Pittsburgh last night, I secretly thought they were celebrating not just Independence Day, but also this momentous milestone of mine.
Total Load Theory: How Stressors Accumulate Resulting in Illness
A Vaccination Conversation A One-Day Conference for Parents and Professionals was AWESOME!
Keynote Speaker, Barbara Loe Fisher of the National Vaccine Information Center hit a homerun!
If you missed it, you can read about it HERE.
HAVING HEALTHY BABIES
OUTSMARTING Developmental Delays!
Cutting edge workshop to learn the essentials about being healthy for pre-conception, pregnancy, and in the first year of life.
Would you like to sponsor this program in your area?
Let us know!