This is a chronological index of articles on this website from archives of the quarterly DDR Newsletter, New Developments. More recent articles and complete copies of their containing newsletters are in PDF format and can be downloaded, while earlier articles are in HTML (web page) format.
This index is in reverse chronological order with the most recent issue, and its articles, at the top of the page. To find lists of articles organized by subject, go to the Topic Index.
[NOTE: the number following each article link refers to the page # in the New Developments page sequence.]
This newsletter is sponsored by Houston Enzymes: the manufacturer of Peptizyde, Zyme Prime & No-Fenol.
- Executive Director’s Column: For Every Thing there is a Season...
- Eat Seaweeds for Minerals
- Black Mold is Toxic
- In Appreciation of Judith Bluestone
- Nutrition: E is for Enzymes
This newsletter is sponsored by Joan Spear, an independent Nikken Wellness Consultant. Nikken provides creative ways to build health every day through stress-reduction and products that keep people well. Add "DDR" by your name when ordering from Nikken, and help support DDR!
- Vaccine Reactions: What You Don't Know Could Hurt Your Child 423
- I Saw, I Heard, I Conquered: Using Developmental Music Therapy to Help Kids with Special Needs 425
- Objective Muslce Testing 426
- Homeopathic Color and Sound Remedies 427
- OSR: A New Way to Detoxify 428
- The Way of Warriors: Jenny McCarthy and Dan Millman 415
- The Power of Silence in the Classroom 417
- Twinkie Deconstructed 418
- Spelling, Movement and Vision 419
- The Mighty Mitochondria Revisited 410
- Looking at Education Then and Now 407
- What Doctors Have Learned in the Past 15 Years 409
- What I have Learned: Mothers Talk 410
- What We Have Learned About Sensory Processing 411
- Lessons Learned in the Past 15 Years 412
- Being Fearless 399
- How About Hemp? 401
- Aluminum - the New Mercury? 402
- Far From Over: Analyzing Hannah Poling vs. HHS 403
- Vaccines, Viruses, and Brain Inﬂammation 404
- EnViSIONing a Bright Future 391
- Learning-Related Visual Problems 393
- Smart Schools 394
- Zzzzzzzzz..... Got Sleep? 395
- The Trojan Horse Technique for Feeding Picky Eaters 396
- Early Autism Screenings: A Blessing or a Curse? 383
- Middle School: The Great Abyss 385
- Tapping Your Troubles Away 386
- Getting Through the Holidays: Pumpkin Pie - 4 Ways 387
- The Much Maligned Tonsils: Remove or Regenerate? 388
- Total Load Theory: How the Cumulative Effect of Many Factors Causes Developmental 375
- Is Our Educational System Contributing to Attention and Learning Problems? 377
- CranioSacral Therapy for Children with Sensory Integration Dysfunction 378
- The Tendon Guard Reﬂex 379
- Getting Good Supplements into Bad Eaters 380
- Summer Options: ESY, Camp, Intensive Therapy, or Just Hanging Out? 367
- The Lymphatic System: The Key to Improving the Immune Function 369
- Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs): What Is Really Going On Here? 370
- Tips for a Sensory Successful Summer 371
- The Best Dyspraxia Program Ever 372
- Honoring the Work of Bernard Rimland and Lorna Jean King 359
- Honoring Dr. Bernard Rimland 361
- A Tribute to Lorna Jean King 362
- On the Shoulders of Giants: Lorna Jean King and Bernard Rimland 363
- Dr.Rimlandʼs Favorite Supplements: Vitamins B6 and C, Magnesium and DMG 364
- Parasites: The Elephant in the Middle of the Room 351
- Herbal Medicine for Children with Developmental Delays 353
- Beanbags: Fun With A Purpose 354
- Parasites: Why Some With Autism Are Not Recovering 355
- How Nutrition Impacts Muscle Tone
- Becoming a Grandmother 342
- Sensory Issues and the IEP 345
- 10 Facts About Our Foods 346
- The Fluoride Deception 347
- Two Important Laboratory Tests for Difﬁcult Cases 348
- Autism One: One Family, One Vision, One Future 335
- Behavior Through a Lens 337
- The Body Ecology Diet 338
- Family Constellations 339
- Preventing Sensory Processing Disorders 340
- The Five Levels of Healing: The Work of Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD 327
- Open Your Eyes and Listen 329
- School Lunch Programs: Feeding Mind, Body & Soul 330
- Magnesium: The Super-Mineral 331
- Choline and Complex Language Development 332
- Hyberbaric Oxygen: Healing the Gut and the Brain 318
- Preventing Autism and Other Developmental Delays 319
- The Dancing Dialogue: Using the Communicative Power of Movement 321
- Collaborating with your Pediatrician on a Vaccination Schedule 322
- Personal Care Products: Watch Those Phthalates! 323
- Chelation on a Shoestring Part 2 324
Volume 10, No. 4: Summer, 2005.
- Great New Products to Get Kids Moving 314
- The Poop on Poop: Constipation 101 315
- Chelation on a Shoestring: Part I - Getting Started 316
- Recovering Kids 303
- Frankie Finds the Tears for His Father 305
- Evidence of Harm: What Caused the Autism Epidemic? 306
- Missed Diagnosis: Lyme Disease - a Parentʼs Story 307
- Piracetam: A Powerful Tool for Learning Disabilities and Dyspraxia 308
Volume 10, No. 2: Winter, 2004-2005.
- Autism One Radio: Real Time, Real Issues, Real Answers 295
- Getting a HANDLE on Neurodevelopmental Therapy 297
- A User-Friendly Vaccination Schedule 298
- Transfer Factors as a Nutritional Supplement 299
- Understanding Glutathione 300
- Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Choice 287
- Flame Retardants: A Threat to Our Children's Development? 289
- Bullies to Buddies: A Revolutionary Approach to Teasing 290
- A New Approach to Fixing Detoxiﬁcation Pathways in Autism: Trans-Dermal DMPS 291
- Taming the Wild Adolescent Brain 292
Volume 9, No. 4: Summer, 2004.
- All Listening Is Not The Same 281
- The Flu Vaccine: What Parents Need to Know 282
- Autism, Depression and Alzheimerʼs: Is There a Connection? 283
- Attention Deﬁcit Disorder: What Are Possible Causes? 284
Volume 9, No. 3: Spring, 2004.
- DDR Marks 10th Anniversary 270
- "Detoxify or Die" 271
- Tummy Time and Crawling: Preventing Neck Problems and Developmental Delays 273
- Planning For the Future 274
- Becoming A DAN! Doctor 275
- Post Traumatic Ear Infection Syndrome 276
Volume 9, No. 2: Winter, 2003-2004.
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for College 263
- Making "Sense" of Summer Camp 265
- Keeping Persons with Autism Safe 266
- Oxidative Stress in Autism Spectrum Disorders 267
- The Depressing Side of Stimulants 268
Volume 9, No. 1: Fall, 2003.
- Giving, Getting and Gratitude 255
- Oral Sensory-Motor Therapy as a Portal to Interaction in Autism 257
- Who Killed Baby Yurko: His Father or His Doctors? 258
- E is for Enzymes 259
- Gut Problems & Developmental Delays: Is the Speciﬁc Carbohydrate Diet the Answer? 260
Volume 8, No. 4: Summer, 2003.
- NLD: What is It…Really? 247
- TV and Our Childrenʼs Minds 249
- Brain Gym and Sensory Integration 250
- Metallothionein Update 251
- How the Immune System Talks to the Nervous System 252
Volume 8, No. 3: Spring, 2003.
- Are You Listening? 239
- Educating Children About Sexuality 241
- Spinning Wheels 242
- Promising New Treatments for Detoxiﬁcation 243
- The Mighty Mitochondria 244
Volume 8, No. 2: Winter, 2002-2003.
- "Mental" Illness and Schizophrenia: Is There a Mind-Body Connection? 231
- A Paradigm Shift in Science and Medicine 233
- Strabismus and Amblyopia 234
- The SANE Approach to Sleep 235
- Hooked on Carbohydrates 236
Volume 8, No. 1: Fall, 2002.
- Being in Balance 223
- Playing with Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders 225
- Bal-A-Vis-X 226
- Mouthing Off About Mercury 227
- The Picky Eater, Part 2 228
Volume 7, No. 4: Summer, 2002.
- "The Best Advice I Ever Got" 215
- How to Determine If a Treatment Really Helps 217
- Success Stories - In Appreciation of Martin Birnbaum, OD 218
- Tips to Stimulate Language Development 219
- Rethinking Reﬂux 220
Volume 7, No. 3: Spring, 2002.
- Moving Back, Moving Forward 207
- Letʼs Look at Math! 209
- Yoga for Children? Yes! 210
- Vaccine Thriller Hits Bookstores 211
- Keeping Children Well 212
Volume 7, No. 2: Winter, 2001-2002.
- Testing 101 199
- Smallpox and Forced Vaccination: What Every American Needs to Know 201
- Siblings of Children with Special Needs 202
- Feng Shui for Childrenʼs Bedrooms 203
- Increasing Cognitive Function Through Supplementation 204
Volume 7, No. 1: Fall, 2001.
- Prioritizing Revisited 191
- Fitting in Better By Getting Fit 193
- Playground Pragmatics 194
- Disordered Metal Metabolism in Autism Spectrum Disorders 195
- Nutrient Therapies: Seeing the Big Picture 196
Volume 6, No. 5: Summer, 2001.
- Been There, Done That 183
- Sensory Diets 185
- Neurofeedback 186
- Supporting Self Esteem with the Truth 187
- When Dietary Changes Make Symptoms Worse 188
Volume 6, No. 4: Spring, 2001.
- The Nosology of Childhood Disorders 175
- Making Camps Inclusive For Children With Special Needs 177
- The Importance of Reﬂexes in Developmental Delays 178
- Myths Behind Pesticide Use 179
- Is Your Child Malnourished? 180
Volume 6, No. 3: Winter, 2000-2001.
- Change: Notice it; Adapt to it; Anticipate it; Go with it! 167
- Bridging Sensory Processing Theory and Practice with Discrete Trial Teaching 169
- Craniosacral Therapy & Developmental Delays 170
- Understanding Heavy Metal Toxicity and Chelation 171
Volume 6, No. 2: Fall, 2000.
- Treat Needs, Not Behavior: Maslow for the Millennium 159
- Toys for Children with Special Needs 161
- The Interactive Metronome 162
- Mercury Chelation for Autism 163
- "The" Diet Revisited 164
Volume 6, No. 1: Summer, 2000.
- "The" Diet 151
- Handwriting: What it Takes to Write Right 153
- Writing Can Be Fun! 154
- What to Do about Vaccine Damage 155
- Say Good-Bye to Allergy-Based AD(H)D and Autism: (NAET) 156
Volume 5, No. 4: Spring, 2000.
- Serious Talk About Humor 144
- Computers and Children 146
- Failure To Connect 147
- Designing a Vaccination Program for Your Child 148
- Pediatric Chiropratic for Developmental Delays 149
Volume 5, No. 3: Winter, 1999-2000.
- Prioritizing Interventions 137
- Vitamin A Treatment Spurs Breakthrough for Child 140
- The Leaky Gut 141
- Educational Kinesiology & Brain Gym: Movement for Learning 142
Volume 5, No. 2: Fall, 1999.
- Say "Hi" to Patty 130
- Increasing Interaction with Children with Multisystem Developmental Disorder (MSDD) 132
- Social Behavior in Autism Spectrum Disorders 133
- Allergy or Chemical Reaction? 134
Volume 5, No. 1: Summer, 1999.
- "IYQ" 123
- Is Your School Suffering from Sick Building Syndrome? 125
- "Over the Counter" Occupational Therapy Strategies for Teachers 126
- Calming the Brain 127
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go! Starting the Day on the Right Foot 128
Volume 4, No. 4: Spring, 1999.
- DDR is 5 years old! 115
- Summer Options: ESY? Camp? Intensive Therapy? or Just Hanging Out? 116
- Farm Therapy: A Natural Approach to Improve Sensory Integration 118
- More About Water 119
- The Picky Eater 120
- Tips For A Successful Summer 121
Volume 4, No. 3: Winter, 1998-1999.
- Light, Water, and Air: Improve Their Balance to Enhance Health 109
- The Folic Acid Paradox and the Importance of Vitamin Balancing 111
- Lighting and Developmental Delays 112
- Toxins on Tap 113
- Alternative Approaches to Asthma 114
Volume 4, No. 2: Fall, 1998.
- Educational Alternatives 102
- How The Mozart Effect Affects Body, Mind, and Spirit 104
- Homeschooling: Why You and Your Special Child Need This! 105
- Secretin and Gut Neuropeptides 106
- Teacher Says: Help Kids Become Food Allergy Detectives 107
Volume 4, No. 1: Summer, 1998.
- Using a Multi-disciplinary Approach for a Spectrum of Disorders 95
- Lorna Jean King Answers Questions about Sensory Integration 97
- Catching Pre-Schoolers Before They Fall 98
- How Sensory Integration and Nutrition Interact 99
- Thyroid Hormone: Implications For Neurodevelopment 100
Volume 3, No. 4: Spring, 1998.
- Choosing an Eye Doctor 88
- Sugar and Other Junk Foods: Big Problems in Tasty Packages 90
- Should You Test? 91
- Spelling and Movement 92
- Goodness-of-Fit: A Priority for Child, Family, and Therapist 93
Volume 3, No. 3: Winter, 1997-1998.
- Collaboration is the Key to Accessing Therapies 80
- Protecting Our Children in a Toxic World 82
- Moving Up the Developmental Pyramid: Motor Development for Children 83
- Fat: A Movement in the Mouth, Forever in the Brain 84
- How Homeovitics Can Help: A Motherʼs Testimonial 85
Volume 3, No. 2: Fall, 1997.
- Whatʼs Wrong With This Picture? 72
- Preventing and Treating Ear Infections 74
- Developing Visual-Motor Skills 75
- Improving Cognitive Functioning and Nutrient Therapy 76
- Food As Medicine 77
Volume 3, No. 1: Summer, 1997.
- Patient-Centered Therapy & Integrated Medicine: The Work of Dr. Leo Galland 64
- Music and the Autistic Child: Making the Connection 66
- Strategies for Improving Sleep 67
- Childhood Vaccinations: The State of the Debate 68
- Helping Kids Fight Bouts of Low Self-Esteem 69
Volume 2, No. 4: Spring, 1997.
- Autism and Vision 57
- Collaboration ...with Parents 58
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding 59
- Nutrition & Low Muscle Tone 60
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Fetal Alcohol Effects 61
Volume 2, No. 3: Winter, 1996-1997.
- DDR Membership Survey Results 48
- Improving Detoxiﬁcation Pathways 50
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Darkﬁeld Picroscopy: New Options 51
- The Vestibular System: Why Is It So Critical? 52
- The Vestibular System and Auditory-Language Processing 53
Volume 2, No. 2: Fall, 1996.
- Inside Out-Treatments That Address Causes 40
- Calcium Supplementation for Milk-Free Diet 42
- How Does Your Engine Run? 43
- Homeopathy and the Child with Developmental Delays 44
- Gluten and Dairy-Free Holidays and Parties 45
Volume 2, No. 1: Summer, 1996.
- Yeast Metabolites and Distractibility 33
- Auditory Training 34
- Polio Vaccine: Time For A Policy Change 35
- Developing An Appropriate Individualized Education Plan 36
- Head Lice: A “Lousy” Situation Becomes a Crisis for Kids 37
Volume 1, No. 4: Spring, 1996.
- Using Nutritional Supplements with Children 26
- Beyond Antibiotics: Are There Healthier Options? 27
- Birth Trauma: The Most Common Cause of Developmental Delays 28
- The Mindʼs Eye 29
Volume 1, No. 3: Winter, 1995-1996.
- Milk: The Perfect Food? Maybe for Calves! 16
- Why So Many Children Have Developmental Problems: The Total Load Theory 18
- Visual Skills Impact Attention and Behavior 19
- A Sensory Intergrative Approach to the Treatment of Attention Deﬁcit Disorders 20
- The Chicken Pox Vaccine 21
Volume 1, No. 2: Fall, 1995
- The Fish Isnʼt Sick; The Waterʼs Dirty 8
- Exploring the Casein-free, Gluten-Free Diet 10
- Vision Therapy: A Beneﬁcial Intervention for Developmental Disabilities 11
- Motor Development-Its Impact on Learning and Behavior 12
- The Facts About the “P” in DPT 13
Volume 1, No. 1: Summer, 1995.
- Attention Deﬁcits: A Developmental Approach
- Pycnogenol and Developmental Delays 4
- All The Ingredients 5
- Occupational Therapy at Home: Summer Strategies 6